Ho Chi Minh Museum in Ho Chi Minh City

Bài thuyết minh du lịch bằng tiếng Anh: Bảo tàng Hồ Chí Minh tại TPHCM

Ho Chi Minh Museum in Ho Chi Minh City

The location of the museum is close to two other popular attractions, Nguyen Hue Walking Street and Ho Chi Minh City Hall. The locals often call and know Ho Chi Minh Museum by the name "Nha Rong Wharf" because the area used to be a busy wharf when the French army took over Saigon in the 1860s. This building is also one of the ancient French structures in the city, and a historical attraction that many tourists come to see and visit frequently. It is now the Ho Chi Minh Museum where a lot of historical pictures and books used by Ho Chi Minh when he lived and worked in other countries are stored.

A Brief History of Ho Chi Minh Museum

Nha Rong Wharf was a bustling commercial port, built by the French transport company Messageries Maritimes in 1862. It is a huge red brick mansion with two floors inside and a workplace for the manager at the port. At the end of 1899, the current government allowed the company to construct a port for commercial ships to park.
With many unique details, the building is a mixture of European and East Asian architecture. On the roof, there are statutes of two dragons looking at the moon, like those on the roofs of Vietnamese pagodas, and in Vietnamese "rong" means "dragon", "nha" means "building". Therefore, the port has been called “Nha Rong Wharf" ever since.
In 1955, after the French army was defeated and withdrew from Vietnam, the port was handed over to the government of the South of Vietnam, and the statues of dragons looking at the moon were replaced with two new ones. Since 1965, Nha Rong Wharf was used as a military base of the US army where the soldiers transported weapons by battleships.
Finally in 1975, after the war, the Northern Vietnam government got to be in charged of the port and changed its name to the Ho Chi Minh Museum. It was the event on June 5th, 1911 that explained this name. On that day, at the Nha Rong Wharf, the 21-year-old man named Nguyen Tat Thanh left Vietnam and started his revolutionary journey. Leaving his job as a teacher in Phan Thiet, he came to Saigon and applied to work as a kitchen helper on the commercial ship Amiral Latouche-Tréville. And from there, he devoted his life to lead many revolutions to liberate Vietnam from the French and became the greatest president of the country and later became known as Ho Chi Minh or Uncle Ho. On September 2nd, 1979, in memory of Ho Chi Minh’s death, the museum at Nha Rong Wharf was officially opened and welcomed many guests to visit and learn about the President Ho Chi Minh's life and works.

Structure of Ho Chi Minh Museum in Ho Chi Minh City

According to historical documents, Nha Rong Wharf was constructed on March 4th, 1863 for the manager of the transporting company to live and sell tickets. Originally, besides the two dragon statues, the roof of the house was sculptured with the badge of the company which had pictures of a horse’s head and an anchor.
Because it was a busy port under the French and Southern Vietnamese government, the building had gone through several renovations from the 18th century into the 19th century to be largened and strengthened with steel and cement. The structure of the building from the 19th century has been conserved and protected until now.

Inside of Ho Chi Minh Museum in Ho Chi Minh City

There are nine exhibited areas and six of which display historical documents and objects relating to the President Ho Chi Minh’s life. The others show the news, political missions, and information on historical stages of Vietnam.
See the reality on next topic

Lê Hùng Cường

Đăng nhận xét

0 Nhận xét